Wednesday, November 18, 2009

All:

First of all, thanks to all of you for your support and prayers over the last few months. Without exception, I have been shocked by how gracious and supportive you have all been and I doubt I would have been nearly as supportive were the tables turned. That said, I will try to learn from all of the generosity I have received.

Today was one week since Jenn's funeral and I have honestly been struggling to manage the basic logistics of our "new" household. You honestly do not appreciate the "little" things that your spouse does until they are gone. Still, we are managing and I am sure things will smooth themselves out as time goes on. The boys seem to be doing OK.

Not much to report at this point. My goals are to, 1) survive Week 1 back at work, and 2) watch NU beat Wisconsin in Evanston on Saturday.

I will work to expand this site in the future.

Deron and the boys

4 comments:

  1. Hi Deron,
    I see that I may be your first responder! Thank you for setting this up so that we can keep in touch. I think it will be much easier than having to make thousands of phone calls or individual e-mails. We keep praying for you and the boys each and everyday and given time, things will smooth themselves out. You are a wonderful father to the boys! I know that Jenn is so proud of her family!
    Love you all!

    Karen K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deron, this is a great idea, don't forget that before you close out the Caring Bridge we want to order the rememberence book.

    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deron, your doing a great job. we are looking forward to helping you rase your boys.
    PAPA and GRAMEY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you created a page on here. Once you get to know it, it becomes fun. You can do a lot with it. It take a while to become familiar with, but then the possiblities are endless. Check out what we have done to our blog....
    http://shepka.blogspot.com

    Tell the boys hello. - Ms. Lynn

    ReplyDelete